About Our Sauce
Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce is made locally at the Ontario Agri-Food Venture Centre (OAFVC) in Colborne, Ontario. Dot, who at the time, was the President of the local Probus Club attended a tour of the facility with her Probus group. The tour guide, Chef Emilio, asked the members of the group if they had any recipes that they would like to put into production and explained that the Centre would help kick off new businesses. Dot spoke up and said she had a family gourmet sauce recipe that had been handed down by her Aunt - thus beginning what was the start of the Saucy Dotty's “Original” Gourmet Sauce.
The Original sauce has a very nice balance of sweet & spicy, with it’s molasses base giving it the silky smooth sweetness that everyone loves. The small amount of chilli sauce that is included in the recipe gives the sauce an extra kick — it is highly addictive!
It didn’t take long for Dot to sell out of her first batch, and after the success of the “Original” sauce, Saucy Dotty’s “Sweet” was developed. It has the same great taste as the “Original,” but without the extra spice.
In 2018, after many requests from fans of Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce, “Extreme Heat” and “Gluten Free” sauces were developed.
“Extreme Heat” is great for those who love hot sauce, but don’t want the long lasting effects of the heat. The delicious sauce gives you the quick blast of heat you want, without it lingering. It is absolutely delicious in an Asian stir-fry, or on chicken wings!
With a simple change to the brand of Worchestershire Sauce used in the recipe, all sauces currently in production are now Gluten Free!
“Put It Where You Want It” is our tagline, because our sauce is so versatile. Check out a few of our recipe ideas!
Prep: 5 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Ready in 25 Min
1/2 lbs bacon
1/2 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup Saucy Dotty's "Original" Gourmet Sauce
1 small onion, chopped
2 15oz cans baked beans with pork
1. Cook bacon until done. Drain, cut into small pieces and place in crock pot with beans.
2. Cook hamburger and onions in same skillet as the bacon was cooked in. When hamburger and onions are done, drain and add to the crock pot.
3. Add Saucy Dotty's "Original" Gourmet Sauce to the mix, and turn on high. When beans are hot, turn down to low for remainder of cooking time.
Easy Oven Baked Meatballs
1 lbs lean ground beef
2 tsp garlic
2 tbs parsley
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 large egg
2 cups Saucy Dotty's Gourmet Sauce (Not to be added to meatball mixture)
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, and roll into 1 inch balls.
3. Bake in oven, turning often until browned on all sides.
4. Place cooked meatballs in crock pot. Pour 2 cups of your choice of Saucy Dotty's Gourmet Sauce, and heat through.
1 2 to 3 lbs pork tenderloin
1 to 2 cups Saucy Dotty's Gourmet Sauce
1. Place pork tenderloin in crock pot on medium-high heat, and cooking until it begins falling apart.
2. Once cooked, place in a bowl and shred with two forks.
3. Place shredded pork back into crock pot, and add 1 to 2 cups of your choice of Saucy Dotty's Gourmet Sauce.