Saucy Dotty's Famous Wings, created by Red Seal Chef Timothy Buckley
20 Chicken wings (approx. 1 lb or 500 grams) split and tipped
150 ml Saucy Dotty’s Sweet Heat Sauce
½ cup All purpose flour
½ tsp Onion powder
1 ½ tsp Garlic powder
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Cooking oil, if shallow frying
2 cups Cooking oil, if deep frying
Any Saucy Dotty’s flavour of your choice, to brush on or dip cooked wings
1. Toss chicken wings in Saucy Dotty’s Sweet Heat Sauce
2. Place in a container, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once every hour
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
4. Drain wings and toss them in the seasoned flour to coat
To shallow fry:
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil on medium heat
3. Shake excess flour off of the wings and add them to the heated oil
4. Cook on one side until brown, then flip them and brown the other side.
5. Placed browned wings on a parchment paper or aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until wings reach an internal temperature of 175F
To deep fry:
1. In an electric frying pan, heat oil to 350 F
2. Carefully add chicken wings and cook for 3 minutes per side until crispy and have reached 175F
3. Drain cooked wings on a rack
Last Step! Use your favourite Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce for tossing, brushing on or dipping.
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE!